It has been my wish to have a DSLR (Digital Signle Lens Reflex) camera since I saw it became "normal" to see everyone having it. As you may already known, I'm a tech and gadget addict; the main reason I created this site.

Anyway, I got my wish and I acquired a Pentax k-x DSLR camera more than a month ago. So, I would like to share some important specifications (or specs, as the techie would call it) of "my newest baby".

Pentax K-x DSLR Camera Specifications
  • 12.4-megapixel CMOS sensor with Pentax Shake Reduction; HDR image capture
  • Kit includes 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL lens
  • Capture widescreen HD 720p video at 24fps; 2.7-inch LCD with autofocus and Face Detection Live View
  • 4.7fps capture rate with 1/6000 sec max shutter speed; 11-point wide-angle autofocus
  • Powered by AA lithium batteries; capture images and video to SD/SDHC memory (not included)
  • Technical Details
  • Brand Name: Pentax
  • Model: K-x 18-55mm White Kit
  • Optical Sensor Resolution: 12.4 MP
  • Optical zoom: 3 x
  • Display Size: 2.700 inches
  • Width: 2.7 inches
  • Height: 3.6 inches
  • Weight: 1.28 pounds

Honestly, even after more than a month, I'm still finding my way to master every buttons and selections that this DSLR has. Although not that complicated, unlike any other high-end DSLRs out there, still I can't enough time to put my hands into it and explore, especially where there's no occasion.

Maybe, this semestral break I will be able to find time to master this new gadget that I have...

To sum it up, I am contented and happy with my new Pentax k-x DSLR camera. Though it's the cheapest so far when compared to other brands that have the same specs, still the quality of the images it provides me is superb (in my opinion, as if I'm a pro...lol)